Social Media Marketing is an effective way for brands to build their business. It helps to connect with customers and promote products in creative ways.
If you look around the internet, you will find many social media marketing success stories. These stories will convince you to believe that social media marketing helps to build your brand.
Let me tell you one such campaign that you can relate to. Remember the 2016 blockbuster, Deadpool? 20th Century Fox used every muscle to promote the movie, both on and off social media. The first social media post was made in March 2015, almost a year before the release of movie. The posts and advertisements didn’t stop, and they were everywhere. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, you name it, Deadpool was there. They kept coming until Deadpool was everywhere and on everyone’s mind.
To make things more interesting, most of the social media posts were made through Ryan Reynolds’ personal social media accounts. Deadpool had good number of fans, even before the movie was announced. But, the skyrocketing increase in the number of followers after back to back social media posts show the importance of social media promotions. It is even said that the leaked trailer of Deadpool was a marketing stunt, which of course went viral. And lot of marketers believe that Social media had a lot to do with success of Deadpool.
So, that’s the power of social media for you.
Moving on from Deadpool, let us talk business. Before knowing How, let us know why is social media important for business.
Why Use Social Media For Business Promotion?
You can evaluate the importance of social media for brand promotion by the number of people there, and amount of time spent. As of now (2017), almost 2.5 billion people are on social media. That’s one third of the world’s population. And most of them are on Facebook. Also, a person spends almost 2 hours on social media daily on an average. This sums up roughly as 5 billion hours spent daily on Social Media. With so much attention from people at your disposal, where else should you be promoting your business?
Have you noticed the sudden shift of advertisements from traditional to online advertising? Various brands are out there, promoting themselves and making the most out of social media. YouTube video ads and Facebook video ads are some of the examples of such advertisements. Along with straightforward advertisements, companies are also coming up with creative ways of promotion to benefit from social media.
Social media gives you the power to reach out to individuals, communities, and organizations and promote your business. Using various platforms, you get the freedom to not only promote your brand, but also to interact with people. You can connect with them on an emotional level and leave impressions that can benefit your organization.
How Social Media Helps Business To Grow?
Social Media can work wonders for brand promotion, if done correctly. There are a few basic what tos and how tos that you need to know; rest totally depends on your creativity and approach.
Let us quickly checkout some of the benefits of social media marketing:
- Easy To Reach Target Audience: How good is a piece of advertisement if it’s not reaching the correct audience? Imagine promoting a Disney backpack to some metal-head dudes. Would it work? Fortunately social media gives you the freedom to reach out to people you want to. Paid advertisements on social media also let you target audience based on demographics. Moreover, these platforms also let you view statistics, which can help you refine your advertisement targeting.
- Gain Promotion Via Audience: Yes, your audience on social media can help promote your brand, without them knowing. Whenever you post something that they find interesting or emotional, they tend to like and share it. With each share, you get the leverage of reaching out to the audience’s connections. Even though your post is not promoting any product or service you provide, it is creating brand awareness.
- Emotionally Attach Followers To Your Brand: Let’s say you have a brand related to infants, and you share adorable videos and photos of infants and also stories of mothers. This way, you can have your target audience emotionally connect with your brand. This gives you a type of brand loyalty other brands would be jealous of. Also, these types of posts are more likely to be shared, which is again something that will attract more followers.
- Interaction With Customers: No one wants to follow the mainstream way of communication (emails or complaint portals) with brands, which is way too slow. Social Media has made it much easier for customers and brands to communicate with each other. A customer can proactively enquire or complain through social media platforms, and companies are liking it. It’s speedy, saves time, and boosts the credibility of brand.
- Gain Traffic: Social media is not merely a platform to get viewer engagement and promotion. You can actually get traffic on your website through social media. Promoting a specific product or service will get you traffic on respective landing pages. If there is a Sale or Offer going on, you can promote the same on social media, and it will fetch you traffic on your website.
- Increased Sales: The ultimate goal of every company on social media is to generate sales. A perfectly strategized social media campaign is something that can help you get expected returns in form of sales. Along with product promotion, it is necessary to connect with your customers on an emotional level, and to share content that can get people talking about you. Remember, if your brand crosses their mind first when thinking about a product/service you offer, then the game is on your side.
- Makes Brand Look Credible: Social Media can help a newly established brand or small brand look credible. When customers look for your brand, they are most likely to visit your social media profiles. Well maintained and active social media profiles work as confidence boosters for your customers to do business with you.
- Less Expense On Ads: Social media gives you a platform to get business for free. A viral post can fetch you the kind of attention, no paid advertisements will. So, it is very important to set an unmatched social media strategy that will help your business grow. This way you save a lot of money that you would have spent on paid advertisements.
There are many benefits of Social Media Marketing that you got to know above. Definitely, social media management requires time, efforts, as well as creativity, but it is also important for you to focus on your business. Dedicated Social Media team is something you need to set up for your brand promotion. Another way to promote your brand is by letting a reputed social media marketing company take care of your brand’s social media needs. We, at Digisteps, a digital marketing company based in Delhi NCR, not only provide social media management, but also SEO, PPC, Email Marketing, Content Marketing, App Store Optimization, and other digital marketing services.